Join our mailing list
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2021 IJEE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS!
The 2021 IJEE college scholarship award recipients include: Cody Bloodsworth, Sophia Test, Nick Montiero, William Friend and Taylor King. Thanks for putting your talents to such hard work!
PRIVATE LESSON SCHOLARSHIP ASSISTANCE
The Idaho Jazz Education Endowment provides scholarship assistance to Idaho students for jazz education lessons with the "Philip B. Garonzik Scholarship". These scholarships are available at both the secondary school (including junior, middle and high school students) and college levels.
COLLEGE LEVEL APPLICANTS
To be considered at the college level, you must meet the following requirements:
- An Idaho resident
- A declared music major at a recognized college/university/conservatory, either in performance or education
- Be a registered full-time student
First time applicants must also submit the following:
- A brief narrative, in your own words, explaining why you feel you are qualified
- Transcripts showing at least a 3.0 GPA
- A letter of recommendation from at least one (more is better) faculty member who is familiar with your work
- A recording or video of your performances
- If applying directly from high school, you must also show that you have been accepted into a college for an approved course of study
- Renewals: If you've already received a scholarship and wish to renew it for the subsequent term, you need to verify that you are maintaining your grades and are continuing your studies in your approved field.
College level applicants are asked to use a free Google website for submittal of all information. Templates can be found at https://sites.google.com. Helpful instructions for their use can be found at gwebwizard.com. Note that this requires a Gmail account. The files submitted on this site MUST NOT be "private." The IJEE scholarship approval team needs to be able to read them.
DEADLINES FOR COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
The deadlines to apply for Idaho Jazz Education Endowment college level scholarships are July 10 (fall semester) and January 10 (spring semester).
SECONDARY AND MIDDLE SCHOOL APPLICANTS
The Philip B. Garonzik Music Scholarship has been established to provide annual scholarships for quality private music instruction for talented junior, middle and high school age instrumental musicians who would normally not be able to afford them. To be considered for the secondary school level (junior/middle/high school), students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the Philip B. Garonzik Music Scholarship application form.
Note: Contact email@example.com to obtain a copy of the application form.
- Reside in the Boise area
- Demonstrate financial need
- First time applicants must also be nominated by a music teacher or band director who is familiar with the applicant's playing
- Renewals: Recipients must reapply each year, however, recipients of this scholarship must attend lessons regularly and show satisfactory progress, as verified by their private music instructor each semester.
Decisions on scholarship awards are made by officers of the Idaho Jazz Education Endowment and its Board of Directors. Completed applications and other required materials for the Garonzik Scholarship should be sent by mail or email to the following address:
Idaho Jazz Education Endowment
P.O. Box 140655
Garden City, ID 83714-0655
DEADLINES FOR GARONZIK SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS:
The deadlines to apply for the Garonzik Music scholarship are July 10 (fall semester) and January 10 (spring semester).
Note: Family members of the Idaho Jazz Education Endowment officers and board members are not eligible.
For more information on IJEE scholarships, contact firstname.lastname@example.org